As a Social Media Manager or Specialist you will:
Have experience of creating successful strategic plans and creative content campaigns on social media. This covers all primary social organic and paid platforms including but not exclusively:
• Have good knowledge of using propagating software such as Hootsuite and/or later.com
You will have the skills to:
• Create and deliver innovative social strategies.
• Creative content creation, in the form of engaging copy and images – perfect grammar and spelling is a must.
• Manage various clients’ social media accounts.
• You’ll work closely with them to understand their needs.
• Working as part of a wider team, delivering social media as part of a larger client project.
• Attending potential client business development meetings and presenting a social media proposal in conjunction with the sales team.
• Working with and managing social content for Wagada.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ specific experience within social media, working across multiple channels. You will need to demonstrate success with a portfolio of work.
We’re a growing company and, if you’re ambitious, want to keep learning and are looking to make your mark in a fast-moving small business, we’d love you to grow with us. We’ll offer you excellent opportunities to progress and a flexible, sociable working environment.
We’re not your average marketing agency, so this isn’t your average marketing position.
You’ll have a strong background in Digital Marketing and Social Media and be looking to develop further digitally. You’ll therefore need to have a passion for all things digital and be keen to expand your knowledge and skills.
We’re a busy agency, so you’ll be ready to muck-in with the rest of the team to get things done, but also be willing to down-tools from time to time to join us for a Bake-off, game of darts or a ping-pong competition too!
You can find more information about the job in the attached job description, but here’s the most important stuff:
Pay: TBC subject to experience
Hours: Full-time, 9.00am-5.30pm (37.5 per week), Monday-Friday
Holiday: 23 days per year including festive period and public holidays rising to a maximum of 28 days, plus bank holidays
Benefits: Pension, training (both external and internal), Friday Team lunches
Location: As part of our culture at Wagada, working collaboratively together in person, is part of what makes us a great company to work for. Please also note that our St Albans office is not close to public transport so it will require the successful candidate to be a car owner/driver, have a bike or be within walking distance.
If you’re motivated by producing the best work for our clients, then we’d love to hear from you.